Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lunch boxes

So - here in Australia, it is required, and common, for kids to have lunch boxes with them to school, holiday camps etc. Which after 2-years in Sweden, I have gotten used to be without - it was not my favourite pasttime to make lunch boxes - as this requires alot of thinking to make them healthy and something that "the child" would actually eat.
In the past, here in Sydney, I have tried with all sorts of different varieties to avoid the pre-packed, pre-made stuff.
The result = "the child" will not eat at all (and be very grumpy at time of pick-up) and then I will only include things that I know "it" will eat. Which for me is easy, but bothers me that there is no variety in the food intake. (not that children mind that).

And last week we had Robot Camp, and this week a 4-day sailing camp - both involving lunch boxes. I have not got into the hang of this again, but have now (after 4-days of this) decided to make an effort and get good at this. (and practice this before I start work and before school starts).

Therefore - today, I went to Pinterest and found a few great websites with healthy kids lunch box ideas - and now I just have to get "the Childs" buy-in on this and then we are on.

First thing was to bake my own bread this morning - all ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I will probably make picklets for his lunch box,  with bananas for a start (they can be frozen which is great). Will post information on how that went.

The plan is to have savoury muffins, pizzabuns, pizza scrolls, muffins and banan bread in the freezer, and also make different bars etc for him to have in his lunch box. Then add fruit of various kind for different days and keep fingers crossed he will eat it.
Seem to remember he did eat pasta in his lunch box- than might work again. He also likes salami slices  and cheese - could be something.

//Susanna

No comments: