Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Less stuff

Since deciding to move to Sydney again end of 2014, I started de-cluttering at home.
The plan was to make sure that when we move into a new flat in Sydney (and later return to Stockholm to live in a new home) it will be a home that is clear from stuff. Stuff that just ways you down.

My dream is to live in a clean, de-cluttered home where everything has its own place - which will be easy to find and out of sight when not used.

This has been a dream of mine for a while, but it has been difficult for me to keep this - and sort things out to be able to live like that. It also takes some organisation and spaces to keep things, which has not been easy as we have moved around alot in different rental properties.

Though this should not be a reason for not living like I want to.
Therefore, I am looking forward to this journey of living in Sydney again - where the plan is to be able to incorporate my wish.

I have a friend who is impeccable at keeping her house in a great order, and when she designed her home, it was done in a way that I would love to have, with plenty of clever storage ideas and cupboards.

Just recently I was sent a book by my daughter: "The Life-Changing Magic of Tydying Up" by Marie Kondo.
Having read through half of it now, it encompasses what I have been thinking - and with the Lean Improvement I learnt about last year - fits me very well.

I am looking forward to the transformation - which I have started by doing Olivers clothes draw.

No comments: